KMG was founded on principles that remain at the heart of the organization today. These principles reflect our core values - integrity, accountability, respect, and professional commitment.
As an international membership organization made up of people who share a passion for Krav Maga, realistic self-defense, close protection, personal safety, and health & fitness, we are committed to enhancing communities and empowering lives across the world.
Over the course of our development, the evolution of the Krav Maga market, and the changing needs of our clients, we have grown from a small group of enthusiasts to a large organization. This opens up a multitude of possibilities for each individual. In order to support and develop our community and to continuously meet our values and stakeholder requirements in a competitive environment, structuring and clear responsibilities are required. Marketing, risk management, and dispute resolution are topics that are also normal in the world of Krav Maga and need to be addressed.
We all know that no single person can ensure holistic problem solving, development of subject matter expertise, and last but not least professional growth and business success without the cooperation of others.
With these considerations in mind, we are looking very much forward to welcoming you soon to our exquisite circle of KMG Instructors.
As a professional member of our organization, you will be a valuable and recognized person with a great role model function. You have your own distinct identity forged from a unique set of abilities, life experiences, interests, talents, and backgrounds, which we greatly appreciate.
Paired with our educational programs, the international network of subject matter experts, and business support, you will progress, improve, and benefit from our valuable relationship.
We are looking forward to making a difference together.
All the best,
The KMG-HQ Team
KMG Instructor – means an Instructor who holds a current KMG Instructor certificate and has an active KMG Instructor Membership.
Krav Maga Global (KMG/Organization) – refers to the Krav Maga Global Organization represented by K.M.G. – Krav Maga Global Ltd, and the services, materials, methods, and systems provided by KMG.
Krav Maga Global Headquarters (KMG-HQ) – means the world governing body, represented by K.M.G. - Krav Maga Global Ltd, at present headquartered in Israel; its management team, employees, staff members, and its services.
Professional Member – means all persons and organizational units that take on a representative role within KMG. These include, for example, KMG Headquarters (KMG-HQ) with its staff members, Country Directors and Representatives with their staff members, Global and International Team of Instructors (GIT), International Coaches Team (ICT), National Team of Instructors (NT), School Owners (SO), Instructors.
School Owner (SO) – (also referred to as ‘Club Owner’ in other KMG documents) refers to an individual or group of individuals who own or operate their own training business or school in the Region providing instruction in Krav Maga (whether through private lessons only or regular classes) as part of its service offering.
Activation Date – is the calendar date from which the Instructor Membership is active with its rights and obligations.
Codes, Standards, and Guidelines – a Code is a set of rules outlining the norms, rules, and responsibilities or proper practices of an individual or organization. Standards are the specifications of principles and procedures by which the organization assures that it provides high-quality products, services, or generally desirable outcomes. A guideline is a statement by which to determine a course of action. It aims to streamline particular processes according to a set routine or sound practice.
Director(s) or Representative(s) (RR) – the operational executive(s) responsible to support the administrative details in the Territory/Region/Country. The representatives are nominated by KMG-HQ to act as the local representatives of KMG in the defined Territory/Region/Country. In consultation with KMG-HQ, they manage and support the local Instructors, business operations, and services of KMG.
Fee – refers to the mandatory membership fee set by KMG-HQ and KMG-Country.
Instructor Update – is a further education event that is open to active KMG Instructors. It can be conducted as a physical workshop or an online event.
KMG Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct – is a document that outlines the ethical and professional principles that govern decisions and behavior at KMG. It gives general outlines of how Professional Members should behave, as well as specific guidance for handling issues like harassment, safety, and conflicts of interest.
KMG-Country/KMG-[Territory/Region/Country] – means the business created by or endorsed by KMG-HQ to manage KMG operations in the Territory/Region/Country.
KMG curriculum/curriculum – the official list of techniques, tactics, and solutions provided by KMG for the different grades and courses.
KMG Instructor Membership – a personal membership for KMG-certified instructors that provides a range of benefits, rights, and obligations as described in the KMG Instructor Membership document.
KMG Passport – is the trainees' logbook, an entrance into the world of Krav Maga Global training. It documents all successful level tests, certifications, and participation in courses and events. Only authorized KMG representatives can add and write in the passport.
KMG School Owner Membership – is a business membership for schools/training providers which offer KMG-certified Krav Maga training. The Membership provides a range of benefits, rights, and obligations as described in the KMG School Owner Membership document.
KMG Student – means any person who is a member of a club or school operated by a School Owner and who receives instruction in Krav Maga from a KMG Instructor.
KMG Social Media Policy – is the code of conduct that provides guidelines for KMG Professional Members who post content on the Internet either as part of their job or as a private person.
KMG uniform/uniform – the official training clothes of KMG.
Logo – The KMG logo and all of its variations, the Krav Junior logo and all its variations.
Personal information – refers to information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, recorded in writing or spoken, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained from the information or opinion.
Service Package / Service Pack – the services provided to members (instructors and school owners) by KMG-HQ and KMG-[Territory/Region/Country].
Territorial Protection – The exclusive right to operate a Krav Maga Global affiliated school in a certain territory. The territory will be identified as a number of kilometers in any direction from the School address as defined by Google Maps from a linear measurement. The exact radius differs from geographic regions and is influenced by factors such as KMG development, infrastructure, and population. The designated territory of the SO is determined at the time of registration and the conclusion of the SO Membership. No Instructor is allowed to offer services without the consent of the SO within this territory.
Territory/Region/Country – The geographical area of which the School Owner of this agreement is located, residing and operating a Krav Maga Global affiliated school, or the geographical location a Director or RR is appointed to.
Trade Mark – refers to trademarks owned by KMG-HQ, whether registered or unregistered.
- THE MEMBERSHIP AGREEING PARTIES
This Instructor Membership Agreement is between K.M.G - Krav Maga Global Ltd (KMG-HQ), and
KMG certified Instructor (full name):
Hereafter is known as the Instructor.
This agreement gives the Instructor the right to teach Krav Maga under the brand and organization of Krav Maga Global.
The Instructor’s personal and contact information is as follows:
First and Last Name:
Home Address (incl. Country):
KMG School Name:
Name of School Owner:
Membership fee is paid by:
- Agreement Contents
The parties hereby agree as follows:
- K.M.G - Krav Maga Global Ltd is an international organization established under the laws of Israel and founded for the promotion of and education in Krav Maga and Personal Safety and Security.
- The Instructor is an individual who successfully completed a KMG certification program and was awarded an instructor diploma.
- The objective of the present Agreement is to govern the rights and obligations of the Instructor as a Professional Member of the Organization.
- By the conclusion of this Agreement the Instructor mentioned above shall become a Professional Member of the Organization and will be licensed to run classes in a KMG-affiliated school and in private training for smaller groups (maximum 5 people) under the Krav Maga Global name and brand and in compliance with the terms of this Agreement.
- The Instructor shall be entitled to certain rights and obligations under this Agreement.
- The Instructor shall be bound by the statutes and codes of the KMG Organization and is entitled to and has to comply with the rights and obligations set out therein. The current statutes and codes are published in the Member Zone of the KMG-HQ websites. The Organization does, however, reserve the right to change the statutes and codes at any time in its own sole discretion based on the applicable provisions. In such case, the Organization shall provide the Member with a copy of a current version of the document which shall in any case automatically apply its resolution by the Organization.
- The instructor is subject to possible further country-specific conditions and must have his/her active instructor activity approved by the respective Director/Representative, or KMG-HQ.
a. The Instructor is not allowed to offer services in the protected territory of a KMG School Owner without the consent of the respective School Owner.
b. The Instructor must not target trainees of other KMG Schools or KMG Instructor(s), for any training activities, classes, or seminars.
- The Instructor is prohibited from teaching Krav Maga in any country other than his/her home country without the prior written approval of KMG-HQ and the respective KMG-Country.
- With this Agreement the Instructor does not become an employee of KMG-HQ and remains fully responsible and liable for his/her own actions.
- The Instructor Membership does not include insurance. We strongly recommend that the Instructor informs himself/herself about the legal requirements of his/her country and acts accordingly.
- The Instructor shall pay KMG-HQ a membership fee. The fee is set by KMG-HQ and may be extended by KMG-Country (for additional services).
- The Instructor Membership fee is set to EUR 189 per year.
- Membership fees are due after the conclusion of this Agreement and then on January 01 of each calendar year. If the Agreement is concluded during the year, the membership fee for the first year will apply proportionally calculated on a monthly basis. The Instructor shall provide a form of payment (e.g. credit card) for the collection of fees.
- Unless the Instructor notifies KMG-HQ before a charge or does not want to renew, he/she understands that the KMG Professional Membership will automatically continue and he/she authorizes KMG-HQ (without notice to the Instructor) to collect the then-applicable membership fee and any taxes, using any eligible payment method the Instructor has provided.
- If all eligible payment methods KMG-HQ has on file for the Instructor are declined for payment of the membership fee, the Instructor must provide KMG-HQ with a new eligible payment method promptly or the membership will be canceled. If the Instructor provides KMG-HQ with a new eligible payment method and is successfully charged, the new membership period will be based on the original renewal date and not the date of the successful charge. Any costs incurred as a result of a declined fee collection will be passed on to the Instructor.
- KMG-HQ may change the amount of the fees at its own reasonable discretion in the future. KMG-HQ shall give written notice of any change at least 60 days prior to the effective date thereof. In case the Instructor objects to a new schedule of fees within 14 days after notification by KMG-HQ, the Agreement shall expire after the end of the current period for which the Instructor has already paid its fees.
Term of the Agreement
- This Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period of time from its conclusion.
- The Agreement may be terminated in writing by either party at the end of each calendar year by observing a notice period of 3 months.
- KMG-HQ may terminate the agreement for good cause with immediate effect in the following or similar cases:
a. Repeated violations of the Agreement;
b. Violation of an essential provision of this Framework Agreement by the Instructor and failure to remedy such violation within a reasonable time period given by the Organization, but in any case no more than 14 days. No remedy period shall be granted if the such violation cannot be remedied or the granting of a grace period is unreasonable taking into account the type or severity of the violation;
c. If the Instructor, despite having been given notice in writing and a grace period of at least 14 days, is in default with any of its payment obligations, particularly the membership fee or the license fee, by more than two months;
d. Violation of the Organization’s statutes and codes by the Instructor;
e. Objection to a change of the Organization’s statutes and codes;
f. Infringement of third-party rights by actions of the Instructor.
Contact Details, Names, and Use of Logo
- The Instructor must ensure that the address and contact details given to KMG-HQ and KMG-Country are always up-to-date.
- If the Instructor uses or wishes to use the words ‘Krav Maga Global’ and/or ‘KMG’ within their business title this must be approved by KMG-HQ prior to any marketing material being produced or registration of the business or individual.
- The Instructor may use the KMG logo in accordance with the currently valid version of the KMG Branding Guide for the following – and only for the following:
a. Promoting his/her Krav Maga activities online, on fliers, posters, business cards, and other printed material that are not in conflict with the KMG Instructor Membership Agreement.
b. Any changes to the design or text of the logo are not permitted. The currently applicable logos can be found in the KMG Branding Guide.
KMG Passports, Certificates, Diplomas, and Apparel
- KMG Passports, level patches, certificates, diplomas, KMG uniforms, apparel, and merchandise must be acquired from KMG-HQ or KMG-Country.
- KMG-HQ must provide the Instructor with merchandise, apparel, and training equipment at a reduced price.
KMG Activities, Certification(s), Curriculum, Students
- The Instructor must ensure that he/she is in possession of a valid KMG instructor diploma for the audience he/she is instructing (e.g. General, Women, Kids), and that he/she teaches per the KMG guidelines and the currently approved KMG curriculum.
- The Instructor must ensure that he/she is regularly updated and fit for their job.
- The Instructor may not in any way provide the services of other Krav Maga organizations.
- KMG-HQ and/or KMG-Country will provide the Instructor with the current professional materials from KMG.
- KMG-HQ will grant the Instructor access to the instructor section on its online platform(s) with professional content.
- The Instructor may participate in local and international KMG-HQ events for a discounted fee.
- The Instructor is limited to teaching students who are no more than one level below his/her own KMG level.
- In cases where the Instructor is part of a team of higher leveled instructors, he/she can teach higher leveled students if the senior instructors regularly supervise them.
- The Instructor is prohibited to teach criminals and/or people, groups, or organizations with criminal ties.
a. The Instructor is obligated – to the best of his/her knowledge and data protection rights – to stay informed about any of the Instructor’s trainees’ problematic backgrounds.
b. The Instructor shall ask the trainee for a current (not older than 14 days) Criminal Record if appropriate and if the Instructor suspects the trainee to have a criminal background.
- The Instructor may not on his/her own initiative engage in working with military units or police units without the prior written consent of KMG-HQ.
- If employed by the Police or the Military the Instructor may teach his/her colleagues the material that he/she has been certified to teach.
Instructor’s Training, Testing and Re-Certification
- The Instructor shall keep himself/herself up to date on the current KMG material through his/her own training and further education.
- The Instructor is obliged to be re-certified by participating in annual Instructor Updates.
a. Instructor Updates are offered by KMG-HQ and/or KMG-Country in physical form and through online workshops and courses.
b. KMG-HQ grants the Instructor participation in two free Online Instructor Updates per year.
c. KMG-HQ can introduce a credit point system to further define the minimum requirement for successful re-certification for the Instructor's home country.
- KMG-HQ supports the Instructor in his/her own further development through level test options.
a. Instructors can only be tested by designated high-level instructors and coaches with prior notice.
b. Instructors must have an active KMG Instructor Membership, a valid KMG Passport, and have met all re-certification requirements in order to be tested.
c. Instructors must provide approval for testing by KMG-Country or respectively KMG-HQ.
d. Before admission to a level test, general minimum requirements (e.g. waiting times, minimum hours of training, theoretical work) according to KMG regulations and level test manuals must be met.
Business Support and Marketing
- KMG-HQ and KMG-Country will provide the Instructor with the current professional materials from KMG.
- KMG-HQ and KMG-Country will publicize the Instructor in national and international advertising where applicable, on the official KMG website, on social media, in newsletters, and in reply to inquiries received which relate to the locality within the Instructor’s geographical location.
- The Instructor can present himself/herself to the general public as an active and certified KMG Instructor.
- KMG-HQ is obligated to refer potential clients/students to the Instructor if the Instructor’s activities are the nearest to the client’s home.
- In case of conflicts between two Instructors/School Owners (SO) in relation to Krav Maga activities, KMG-HQ will help the parties to come to a suited solution. If no solution can be reached KMG-HQ will make the final decision.
Example: Instructor-1/SO-1 is promoting his/her products to Instructor-2/SO-2’s students.
Confidentiality The Parties undertake to keep strictly confidential from third parties all information relating to this Agreement and confidential information or business secrets disclosed to the other Party under this Agreement, including any confidential information or business secrets disclosed by other members of the Organization. This shall not apply to disclosure that is required by applicable law or necessary in the course of legal defense. This point shall survive termination of this Agreement.
- The Instructor may neither transfer the whole Agreement nor single rights or obligations to a third party.No supplementary oral agreements have been made by the Parties.
- This Agreement may only be amended or modified by a written document signed by both Parties hereto; the foregoing shall also apply to any waiver of this requirement.
a. Changes will be sent to the Instructor by email.
b. The Instructor will have 10 days to respond to the suggested changes. Such responses must be done by email.
- In the event that any terms of this Agreement should be or become void, invalid, or unenforceable, the validity, legal effect, or enforceability of the remaining provisions hereof shall not be affected thereby. The void, invalid, or unenforceable provision shall be construed, supplemented, or replaced such that the commercial purpose intended by the void, invalid, or unenforceable term is achieved in the best possible manner. The foregoing shall also apply to any contractual gaps.